Current students

Useful links and information for students currently undertaking a degree in a department in the Social Sciences Division.

Information for current students

Below is a list of resources that current students might find helpful:

  • New arrivals - see more information on the University website
  • Academic matters including course guidance, examinations/assessments and regulations
  • Fees and funding including fee rates, funding sources and financial assistance, international opportunities,  prizes and awards and details about living costs
  • Visas and immigration information for before, during and after study
  • Oxford life including accommodation, clubs and societies, skills and work experience, social life, community, IT Services, travel, feedback and surveys
  • Health and welfare including disability, counselling, health, student-led support, student parents, care leavers, places of worship
  • Graduation and leaving Oxford including degree ceremonies, transcripts, preparing to leave, alumni
  • Careers Service

Student representation

Students are encouraged to use the full range of departmental and college feedback mechanisms to bring to the attention of the relevant body or representative any concerns or ideas for enhancement of provision. The Division organizes regular student fora to bring together department/faculty reps to discuss issues of mutual interest. There are also two Divisional student reps (one undergraduate and one postgraduate) who represent students’ interests on the Social Sciences Divisional Board and the Divisional Undergraduate Studies Committee and Divisional Graduate Studies Committee respectively. They are currently:

  • Undergraduate Representative: TBC
  • Postgraduate Representative: TBC

Students wishing to find information about their programme of study are encouraged to check the relevant departmental/faculty handbook and/or website, or contact their course director or administrator. Undergraduates with queries about tutorial provision should discuss this with their college tutor or Senior Tutor.

Welfare issues or concerns about academic progress can be directed to a range of individuals and details will be included in course and college handbooks.