Making it work: maintaining balance upon returning to work
Monday, 27 February 2017, 9am to 2pm
Seminar Room 2B, George Pickering Education Centre, Level 3, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headley Way, Headington, Oxford OX3 9DU
This is a new pilot workshop that is being offered across the University to parents/carers who have recently returned to work after a career break. The goal is to provide recent returners with the information, tools, support, and networks they need to ensure a successful and smooth return to work. While all are welcome, the material will be aimed at parents/carers who have had a career break of at least 3 months, and who have recently returned to work within the last 6 months.
This workshop will be tailored for professional and support staff members.
Over the half-day workshop, you will:
- Learn about relevant HR policies and practices, and have your questions answered by an HR team member;
- Get an overview of the core skills needed to communicate with confidence and clarity, and practise some of those skills in a supportive environment;
- Hear from a panel of returning carers who will share their tips on time management and balancing home and work demands;
- Network and meet other recent returners from around the University over lunch.
To sign up, please provide the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 February 2017:
- Leave period (e.g. 3 months)
- Reason for leave (e.g. maternity, paternity, parental leave, caring for family member, etc.) This is requested for our monitoring purposes only.
- Any dietary requirements