Are there any eligibility rules I should know about?
1. Eligibility period
- To be eligible, research outputs need to have been published between 1 Jan 2014 and 31 Dec 2020.
2. Open Access (concerning journals and conference papers only)
- Your final peer-reviewed journal article or conference paper (with ISSN) must have been deposited in ORA (via Symplectic) within three months of receiving a notice of acceptance. In other words, 'Act on Acceptance'.
- Act on Acceptance applies to all journal articles and conference papers (with an ISSN) accepted for publication since 1 April 2016. It does not apply to monographs, book chapters, other long-form publications, working papers, creative or practice-based research outputs, or data. Nor does the policy apply to those particular output types that are delivered confidentially for security or commercial reasons.
- Acknowledging that this is not always possible, an exception will apply from 1 April 2018 stating that an output is eligible if it is deposited up to three months after the publication date. Please note, each late deposit requires a written justification and should not therefore be considered an option other than in exceptional circumstances.
- If you do not meet this deadline, your research will be ineligible. So please do Act on Acceptance.
- More details Open Access FAQs can be found here.