Excellence in Impact Awards 2018
A celebration of how social sciences are making a difference
The O2RB Excellence in Impact Awards are an opportunity for members of the University of Oxford, the Open University, Reading and Oxford Brookes Universities (O2RB) to come together to recognise and reward the successes of social sciences researchers who have achieved, or are currently achieving, excellent economic and societal impacts.
A prize of £5,000 will be awarded to the overall Impact Champion(s), with three other winners awarded £2,500 each. There will also be a special prize for Early Career Impact Champion of £2,500. The awards ceremony will take place at St Anne's College on the evening of Thursday 19 April 2018, following the daytime impact conference.
These prizes are part of our collaborative efforts to build and strengthen regional partnerships for impact through our Economic and Social Research Council Impact Acceleration Account (ESRC IAA). For the very first time, these awards brings together the research communities in the partner universities, to celebrate and share their collective successes.
How to apply:
Please read the guidance document and complete the application form (both of which you can download from this page). Submit your application with the supporting documentation before the deadline of 5pm, Monday 05 March 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can apply for yourself, a team or nominate someone you think deserves recognition for their research impact.
- O2RB Excellence in Impact Awards guidance document
- O2RB Excellence in Impact Awards application form (Word file)
For more information about the O2RB Excellence in Impact Awards, please contact your local support in the first instance:
- University of Oxford | Francesca Richards or Aileen Marshall-Brown, Research & Impact Team, Social Sciences Division, 01865 614873/01865 614881 email@example.com
- The Open University | Rebecca Coatswith, Research Impact Manager, 01908 858277 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oxford Brookes University | Dana Vilistere, Research Impact Officer, 01865 484197 email@example.com
- University of Reading |Alison McAnena, Research Impact Officer (Prosperity and Resilience) firstname.lastname@example.org
These awards have been made possible through the generous support of the University of Oxford ESRC Impact Acceleration Account, with in-kind support from the four partner universities.