Researchers and Academic Staff
RESEARCHERS AND ACADEMIC STAFF AT ALL CAREER STAGES
- Oxford Learning Institute – personal and professional development courses, including courses and information for research staff and a programme for Principal Investigators.
- IT Services – IT training and resources for all staff, including basic and advanced computing and software.
- Language Centre - courses in foreign languages for research or personal development, and in academic writing and advanced communication skills for international staff whose first language is not English.
- The Divisional Senior Research Facilitator runs general research funding information sessions, scheme-specific workshops and grant writing training for researchers at all career stages. These are advertised through the Divisional Research and Skills Training website and via emails circulated to departments.
- Further information about research funding opportunities is available on the research funding webpage and previous workshop slides and guidance documents will be provided on the Division’s SharePoint site (under development).
KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE, IMPACT & PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT
- The Research Impact Facilitator provides training and workshops on knowledge exchange (KE) and impact, e.g. evaluating and measuring impact, writing impact statements, engaging with different audiences, managing stakeholder relationships, communicating your research. These are advertised through the Divisional Research and Skills Training website and via emails circulated to departments.
- Oxford Sparks, the Oxford citizen science website, offers a series of public engagement and science communications courses and networking sessions.
- IT Services can support you in your public engagement, impact and outreach activities in a number of ways. They provide training session under the Engage: programme that can support you in using digital technologies for public engagement and outreach.
- Further information about KE funding opportunities is available on the KE and impact webpage and guidance documents are provided on the Division’s KE SharePoint site.
RESEARCH INFORMATION SESSIONS
Expert seminars and ad hoc events on research-related issues like Open Access, REF, and Impact and Engagement, are advertised through the Divisional Research and Skills Training website or via emails circulated to departments.