Cookies on this website
This website uses cookies. We use cookies to distinguish you from other users and to improve and monitor the website. A cookie is a small file of letters or numbers that we place on your device, if you agree. For more information please see our cookie statement by following the 'Find out more' link.

The University has an Overseas travel policy.  In all cases, supervisors/academic line managers are required to approve Overseas travel/fieldwork. High-risk travel (e.g. to FCO flagged areas) must in addition be approved by the Head of Department. Individual departments will have their own wider approvals processes in place, which are likely to include Head of Department maintaining oversight/approval of all travel.

The University provides travel insurance to all staff and to students at a cost to the department of £15 per capita for each month during which the student is included on the insurance. Staff and students must complete the Travel Insurance Application Form and submit it to the DSO ahead of travel.

Full information is available on the University’s travel insurance policy pages.