Are you employed as an academic researchers by the University of Oxford?
You have a unique opportunity to turn bright ideas into a business through a comprehensive entrepreneurial skills training programme and the chance to compete to win £50,000 to support your proposed venture.
The Aspect Research Commercialisation (ARC) Accelerator (formerly known as SUCCESS) is a first-of-its-kind opportunity specifically designed to help social science researchers employed by the University of Oxford to develop ideas, backed by university research, into a business or social venture.
The programme is open to applications from social sciences researchers across Oxford and its Aspect partners.
Successful applications will benefit from:
- A half-day's Business Canvas support session to explore and build out their idea (December 2020)
- A virtual training boot camp spread over three weeks led by industry experts to develop key entrepreneurial skills
- Specialised, sector specific training, access to experts who have been there before, access to investors, and access to key networks
- Dedicated mentorship support to help validate your idea, develop the business model, and support your pitch for funding or investment
- Access to business and investor networks across UKHE
- The programme concludes with a chance to pitch for up to £50,000 in prize money (June 2021)
'The programme was extremely beneficial as it helped me to understand the process of how to develop a social science research project into a viable social enterprise that has the potential to meet the needs of the wider community and beyond.'
Dr. Tracey Denton-Calabrese, Postdoctoral Researcher for Go_Girl Code + Create
How to apply
To apply, please complete the application form and email it to email@example.com
4 December 2020
18 January 2021