In order to identify appropriate actions to increase the diversity of staff across the division, and to measure our progress, we need data. However, Oxford currently has one of the lowest rates of declaration of diversity data by staff across the HE sector: for example 16% of staff in SSD have not declared their ethnicity (19% of academic staff and 21% of research staff), compared with 6.8% in other universities.
Help us by using HR Self-service to complete your diversity data:
- go to the HR Self-service website;
- click on log-in to self-service (note that you can only access self-service through the VPN/University network);
- click on My Profile (the disc by your name in the top left hand corner);
- click on Diversity, Background and select relevant drop-down menus to enter information;
- click on Diversity, Disability to enter information on disability.
You are entirely free to enter as much or as little of this information as you wish. However, a fuller dataset will better enable us to identify appropriate diversity actions and goals, and to measure progress against these. Please note that use of this data across the University is governed by detailed protocols. Access to diversity data is granted on a strictly ‘need-to-know’ basis, and is primarily only accessible by the Equality & Diversity Unit (EDU) and the HR Analytics team, who make some aggregated data available to divisions to support planning of diversity initiatives.