Your research in film: Video production training programme
This video training workshop programme provides step-by-step support to produce engaging academic video content. It covers a full curriculum in video-creation, from script development to dissemination strategy. It equips participants with a powerful toolkit of production techniques and a creative foundation adaptable to a wide variety of projects – allowing participants to acquire transferable skills, highly relevant to the current environment.
With the guidance and feedback from peers, professionals from OxCo, Adobe, and the BBC, participants will develop their skills while reflecting on how video can enhance their public engagement activities. Each participant will receive personalised support to design, create, and polish their own video. At the end of the training, participants will have the opportunity to showcase their work during a closing event; they will also be free to use their videos for their own purposes (e.g., social media accounts, grant applications, public events).
This series is aimed at social sciences researchers, who want to evolve their research into a visual format. Spaces are limited to 15 participants. We will aim to select one participant per Department within the Social Sciences Division and to represent a range of topics and career stages within the cohort. A selection of videos produced as part of this workshop series will be promoted by the Social Sciences Division.
- Five 2-hour modules (held online) delivered by a multi-disciplinary team;
- 12-month complimentary license to use the Creative Cloud, provided by Adobe;
- Access to content libraries comprising 99,000 royalty free music tracks, 1,900,000 stock videos, and 3,800,000 stock photos and access to Frame.io;
- Tailored support to develop your own project, at each step, including feedback from peers, academics, communication specialists and professional videographers;
- One-one-one consultation with professional videographers;
- Custom editing of your video by professional editors;
- Participation in the final showcase.
- Interest in public engagement;
- Attending all six sessions and working on your video in between sessions is essential. The sessions will be held the last week of each month. The final dates of each session will be chosen in line with participants’ availabilities and participation in each session will be required.
- The training is open to researchers from any Department within the Social Sciences Division including DPhils; however, priority will be given to research and academic staff.
- Prior experience of making videos is NOT a requirement.
How to apply
To apply, complete this form by Sunday 7 May 2023.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Examples from previous training sessionshttps://player.vimeo.com/video/820549226?h=3ce507e9cb&title=0&byline=0
Video Training 2023 from OxCo on Vimeo.
Showcase - O2RB cohort - 'Hope into Action' Conference - March 2023 from OxCo on Vimeo.
Showcase - SSD cohort - 'Hope into Action' Conference - March 2023 from OxCo on Vimeo.