The Celebrating Impact Prize is ESRC’s annual opportunity to recognise and reward current and previous ESRC-supported researchers who have created or enabled outstanding impact. We celebrate social science researchers at all career stages whose actions have supported changes in practice, thinking or capacity that create a positive impact in our society, economy and in our lives, in the UK and internationally.
There are five competition categories this year:
- Outstanding Business and Enterprise Impact
- Outstanding Public Policy Impact
- Outstanding Societal Impact
- Outstanding International Impact
- Outstanding Early Career Impact
All finalists have a film professionally made about their work and its impact, and winners are awarded £10,000 to spend on further knowledge exchange, public engagement or other impact related activities. The Prize winners are announced and presented with their awards at a ceremony held at The Royal Society in London.
Winners tell us there are many benefits of taking part in the Celebrating Impact Prize competition:
- “It is a great opportunity to highlight the issues you are working on”
- “Every single stage of the process has been beneficial to me”
- “Now that I have won this prize, I feel it has legitimised the time that I have spent on impact activities and also allows me to continue making societal impact a key priority”
- “My credibility as a researcher has increased”
- “The award money accompanying the prize has helped me extend the reach of my research”
Full details about the Prize and how to apply to this year’s competition are available on the ESRC website, here: Celebrating Impact Prize 2020.
The closing date is 16:00 on 19th March 2020.
If you are interested in applying or have any questions, please contact Naomi Gibson in the Social Sciences Division: firstname.lastname@example.org