The high quality of teaching across the Social Sciences Division is celebrated through annual teaching awards, formally recognising outstanding contributions to teaching and learning and the academic development of students. The Teaching Excellence Awards (TEA) are part of this scheme and recognise an exceptional contribution to education at any career-stage.
TEA nominations may be made under one of five categories of award:
- Individual awards for academic staff. Open to all academic staff.
- Individual awards for academic staff (Early Careers stream). Open to all academic staff who are within the first five years of their careers as a University teacher.
- Excellence in Supervision Award. Open to all academic staff who undertake DPhil supervision.
- Team awards. Open to teams contributing to the same teaching.
- Achievement Award. Open to individuals who have demonstrated high quality and sustained commitment to education throughout their career (normally a minimum of 15 years or equivalent experience).
Eligibility and how to apply
Applications under (1) to (3) may be made directly by individuals or by Head of Department nomination. Where an individual is nominating themselves, an indication of support should be provided, e.g. by the Head of Department or Course/Centre Director as well as any evidence of student support for the application. Nominations under (5) must be made by the Head of Department.
Schedules for the awards are announced annually during Michaelmas Term and will be featured on the news section of the website. Please refer to this information for further details about eligibility and submitting an application.
For further information about the scheme, please contact email@example.com.